Those strands aren't as porous therefore they reflect more light making it more shiny than human hair.
Making a synthetic hair or wig to look like the natural hair by removing the shiny look is a real deal. You don't need to take it to the salonist to give it a treatment.
Here are some simple tips to remove shine and make your synthetic hair less shiny:
- Combine a little water and softner in a bowl
- Put in your synthetic hair extention or wig and leave in for at least 10 minutes
- Remove from water and rinse with cold water
- Let the synthetic air dry naturally.
- Pour 1/2 gallon of water in a bowl or bucket and 2 cups of white or apple cider vinegar.
- Soak your synthetic hair extension or wig in the vinegar mixture for at least five minutes.
- Drain away the water and rinse the wig thoroughly, with cold water.
- Allow the wig to air dry naturally.
Transluscent Baby Powder:
- You can pour a spoon of any baby powder on a powder puff and lightly puff your synthetic hair with the powder puff or,
- You can rub powder in hands before rubbing your hands over the synthetic hair thoroughly passing every strands with your fingers.
- You can also simply lightly sprinkle the powder directly all over your synthetic hair then shake away powder very well.
Synthetic hair and wigs can start getting dull and losing their shine after 3 months of use but removing the excess shine from the begining is always better and makes the wearer look and feel more confident.
I personally use the powder solution on my synthetic hair extensions and wig. This you can watch on my youtube video. It's easier, faster and a very simple techic.